1951: Paula Dax, widow of a war fallen, acquires the concession and opens in May the first "Würstelkönig" (sausage king) and first night sausage stand in Salzburg. With a handcart she pulled it daily from the suburbs from Salzburg to the foot of the fortress "Hohensalzburg". Already back then the opening hours were from 20:00 to 4 clock.
1961: The first motorized Wüstelwagen in Austria is acquired. The sausages are heated with propane gas. Standing upright allows several sales assistants to work comfortably. The car was chauffeured by her 2nd husband Josef. The location moved to the Linzergasse entrance and Austrian courtyard.
1963: Ingrid, the daughter, begins to work at the age of 18 years.
1971: The third sales car is purchased. Again the location was changed. Now she gets the place which the "Salzburger Würstelkönigin" still holds today: at Hanuschplatz.
1973: Her daughter Ingrid Taxer takes over the business at the age of 29.
1975: Sales assistants take over the sale and Mrs. Ingrid Taxer withdraws from the sale
1981: The name was renamed to "Würstelkönigin" the sausage queen, since basically only female sales assistants exercised the sales activities.
1996: The fourth sales car starts.
2011: The son of Ingrid (and grandson of Paula) Richard Taxer takes over the business in the third generation.
2016: The Würstelkönigin already reaches its 65th year of foundation.